American Bible Challenge
Jeff Foxworthy’s background as a comedian serves him well as host of Game Show Network’s The American Bible Challenge. Setting records in its first season, the Bible-themed game show is a competition where contestants play to win money for their favorite charity. The competition can be fierce, but Foxworthy’s laidback, clean and country-style comedy eases the tension among players and also makes the show more entertaining for those viewing the show at home.
Foxworthy believes humor is one of the attributes of God and as long as it’s done respectfully, adding humor to The American Bible Challenge is great. As a man of faith who spends time studying the Bible with homeless people in recovery at the Atlanta Mission, Foxworthy loves to see the response to The American Bible Challenge has been nothing but positive, from both religious and secular communities. In fact, when he was pondering whether or not to host The American Bible Challenge, Foxworthy expected some type of negative backlash. But, he accepted the offer to host the show because he didn’t want to be down below, looking up at heaven one day, asking God, “It’s because I said, ‘no’ to hosting that dang Bible Show, isn’t it?”
For more information and news about The American Bible Challenge, please visit http://gsntv.com/shows/the-american-bible-challenge/
American Bible Challenge Awards and History
- GSN signed Jeff Foxworthy to host The American Bible Challenge on March 21, 2012.
- The first season of The American Bible Challenge premiered August 21, 2012 to an audience of 2.3 million total viewers for the night and 1.7 million total viewers for its series premiere, breaking all previous viewership records for GSN.
- GSN released free Facebook game and mobile app in conjunction with record-setting debut of GSN’s new original series The American Bible Challenge.
- The second season of The American Bible Challenge was officially announced on October 11, 2012 and premiered on March 21, 2012.
- On March 19, 2012 GSN announced the launch of “The American Bible Challenge Bible Study” – a 10-week Bible Study hosted by author and television producer Phil Cooke.
- The third season of American Bible Challenge premiered on May 22.
- On May 1, 2014, the show received a Daytime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Game Show. Jeff Foxworthy was also nominated for Outstanding Game Show Host.